Monday, March 8, 2010

Lesson Learned

One lesson I learned was to never go to the red river in a front wheel drive car. This happened Saturday afternoon, when Colby and I wanted to go climb a little cliff out there. So we go out there and I started on one side and kept going until the car stop moving. I stared at Colby and he did the same, then I said "I think we are stuck." We where for about 4 hours, until my friend tried to help but he got stuck too. So we have 2 cars stuck and one of them was on quick sand. One was sinking while my car was sitting there chilling. I left my car over night, hoping it wouldn't sink down in the river, and went the next morning. It was my dad, Orlando, and I and we got the car out of the place it was stuck. We needed some wood, 2 cinder blocks, a car jack, and a big Ford F-350 super duty, dulie, 4 by 4. We get the car out, and my dad asked me what I learned from all this, and I told him "Never to go down a river with out a huge 4 by 4 truck."

1 comment:

  1. I've been stuck before, too. One time, not too long ago in fact, after a Bobcat football game, I drove my father in law's truck across the field by the rodeo arena to take a shortcut to the get out of the traffic from the game. Well, my father in law's truck is low to the ground and I high centered it. I was so embarrassed but thank goodness my husband was still at the game so I called him and he got me out.

    ReplyDelete